24 Jun 2012

Sievi

Our time with my uncle was great.  It's the place where my dad grow up and where my Uncle has lived his whole life.  My uncle Olavi makes a lot of timbers products which are on display throughout his home inside and out.  He also likes to makes puzzles which had the boys all busy for hours.  My suitcase is now some what heavier with some fantastic pieces, there's even one for dad.







In Finland they have name days so on Olavi's name day every year for the past 20 or more years he has made finnish pancakes for anyone and everyone who comes over.  One year he started cooking  pancakes at noon and didn't finish until after 7. We also got to enjoy his pancakes.


He had many a story to tell along with a great sense of humour, we were never short of a laugh.




He is the only uncle I've ever really known. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment